Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Cassidy

Three years ago, my mother and brother adopted a 5-year-old cat named Cassidy from My Kitty Cafe in Guelph. She was a shy cat, which had prevented her from being adopted over the years that she'd lived there. I remember her appearing during my mom and brother's session nearing the end of their allotted hour. She was atop the cat castle that was featured at the cafe and allowed herself to have her neck scratched by them. After the session, over some deliberation and a little pressure by me, they chose to adopt her.

When they brought her home, she was initially very scared, at first tucking herself into the smallest corner she could find and ignoring any interactions attempted by anyone. Over time, with encouragement from my mother and brother, she came out of her shell, strutting proudly in front of visitors.

Unfortunately, we lost her due to cancer, three years into her stay in the Guelph home. In honour of her, here is a series of photos taken during her stay there:















No comments:

Post a Comment